Top quality instruction is offered at Heritage Oaks by PGA Professional Dave Johns. Dave is enthusiastic to help you improve your golf game by helping you make the most of your swing style. Whether you are someone who has never played, a beginner or an advanced student of the game, Dave’s goal is to help you get better. Heritage Oaks can tailor a program to fit your needs.
Heritage Oaks offers private lessons, group clinics and playing lessons.
Call 540-442-6502 to set up an appointment.
Also check out the College Student Rates ($25.00)
Individual private lesson (1 hr) $45.00
One series of 3 private lessons (1 hr each) $100.00
One series of 5 private lessons (1 hr each) $140.00
Semi-private lesson (1 hr) $60.00
2 to 3 people
Junior lesson $20.00
Package A $130.00
Series of 3 individual lessons, golf glove, 5 large buckets of range balls
Package B $170.00
Series of 5 individual lessons, golf glove, 5 large buckets of range balls
Package C $200.00
Series of 5 lessons, golf glove, 10 large buckets of range balls, 2 9-hole greens fees.
Golf Etiquette 101
Every golfer should be familiar with the etiquette of golf. Below is a “Golf Etiquette 101” adapted from the USGA (United States Golf Association) Members Program.
- Players should not play until players in front of them are out of range.
- Alert greenkeepers nearby or ahead prior to making a stroke that might endanger them.
- Shout a warning (“Fore!”) if your ball may hit someone.
- Considering Other Players:
- Do not move, talk or stand close to a player while they are making a stroke.
- Players should ensure that any electronic device taken onto the course will not distract others.
- Players should not stand close or directly behind the ball, or directly behind the hole, when a player is about to play.
- Do not stand or cast a shadow on another player’s line of putt.
- Players should remain on or close to the putting green until all other players in their group have holed out.
Pace of Play:
- Always play without delay and keep up with the group in front. “Ready golf”
- If a player believes his ball may be lost outside a water hazard or is out of bounds, to save time, play a provisional ball.
- Players searching for a ball should limit the search time to 5 minutes. If the group behind you is ready to play you may signal for them to play through.
- Pace of play at Heritage Oaks averages about 2 hours per nine holes. This varies depending upon the conditions and number of golfers on the course. If your 9 holes will take more than 2 hours and 20 minutes you should allow play behind you to play through, and/or, look at ways to pick up your pace of play.
- Be ready to hit your shot.
Care of the Course:
- Repair all divot holes and ball marks. A good rule of thumb is yours plus two.
- Before leaving a bunker, smooth over all holes and footprints.
- Replace the flagstick carefully in an upright position.
- Leave the course in the condition in which you would like to find it.
- Place all trash/recyclables in appropriate containers.
- Local notices regulating the movement of golf carts should be strictly observed. (Cart path only, not driving close to greens, etc).